Sunday 28 November 2010

Harry Quinn TT bike

Click on image for larger version





Click image for larger version
 Julian Markham from Lancashire sent in these photo's of his stunning Harry Quinn TT bike, that is near completion.
Julian gives us the following information:-

" I bought the frame and a few parts off the RTTC forum about 2 years ago, the guy lived over in Yorkshire but originally came from Manchester area and bought the frame as a junior, going to Harry Quinns shop to collect, this I think was in mid 70's.

It's original paint, very short wheelbase, built for testing with single gear lever boss.It has TA single 54 ring, 3TTT bars/stem/saddle, campag record brakes/levers/rear mech (mine from when I was a schoolboy!!) Record hubs/ambrosio rims.

I'll forward pics when all complete in future. I live ,near Blackburn and ride for Preston CC. I remember racing as a schoolboy/junior with all the merseyside clubs, Century/Mercury/New Brighton. I remember Mike Bell on a burgandy Harry Quinn with odd pale blue forks all battered up, Probably passed down through the Bell family, Tony-Mark -Mike. Good times."


Please send any contribution's large or small to Merseyside Bicycles. Contact us at merseysidebicycles@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment