Tuesday 3 April 2012

Silver Harry Quinn


A big thank you to reader David King, who sent us a photo of his lovely silver Harry Quinn and information regards his bike.
" I discovered your blog the other day and saw this. I don't have a gold Harry Quinn but I did have a Road Champion frame built for me at Walton Road by Harry Quinn in 1980 and it was finished in what was called IVIS silver metallic (photo attached). So IVIS was presumably the brand name of the paint.

Looking back, I see the frame was ordered late 1979 and delivered in mid January 1980. Its frame number was Q4948. Can't remember the name of the guy I dealt with at Walton Road. I was living in Suffolk then but am originally from Bebington in the Wirral and used to ride with the Port Sunlight Wheelers."

Thanks again to David, for the photo and info.
As always we are very pleased to see your photo's on blog. You can contact us at  merseysidebicycles@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment