Monday 2 April 2012

RJ Wilson


A big thank you to Mike Roberts, for sending in a couple photo's of his RJ Wilson, and added the following.

"Just a few pictures of my bike that maybe of interest to you.I use to see old man Wilson on his pale green RJ cycling around Meols. I would love to know more history about RJ Wilsons.

"In 1973 I received a second hand RJ Wilson for a birthday present.
30yrs later on EBay, what I thought was my original RJ for sale in Hoylake - I bought it..... It turned out to be a different one, though very similar - the same lines, the same fine back stays!!

Apparently RJ Wilson was not a prolific frame maker, in fact he was quite the opposite, working from the basement of 61 West Derby Road.

The site is now flattened but I dream the workshop may still exist intact, bedecked in cobwebs under the long gone demolished building.




So has anyone got any more information on RJ Wilson. If so contact us at  merseysidebicycles@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Norman's workshop was in the back room, he could keep his eye on whoever entered the shop by a series of mirrors and break off from frame building if necessary.

    His basement was a horrible spooky place where he's send me to bring the coal up for his mum who lived upstairs.

    Alex Young - adopted son.

    ReplyDelete