Tuesday 26 June 2012

1972 Harry Quinn Restoration


As always a big thank you to Mike Duffy for sending in a lovely selection of photo's, of his recently restored 1972 Harry Quinn.
Mike adds the following information and rebuild specifcation.


             I have recently finished rebuilding my 1972 Harry Quinn, mostly with the original parts. To order the frame I had cycled from Wrexham to Birkenhead, took the ferry over the Mersey and arrived at Harry Quinn's shop. A vivid memory is of leaning my bike outside the shop, walking in, and being told to bring it in. I can't remember who I spoke to, but it was probably Harry Quinn as on asking for a new frame to be built I was asked what I was going to use the frame for and all the details were sorted out.Originally it was finished in royal blue but I had it resprayed around 1980 at C & G's in Liverpool.

Frame and forks : 24 3/4 " Harry Quinn, Reynolds 531 db tubing
Wheels : Zeus l/f hubs on Mavic Route rims, Hutchinson tubs
Brakes : Universal levers, Universal 68 calipers
Chainset : Campag. Nuovo Record 42/52 170 mm with matching bottom bracket
Pedals : Campag. Record, Christophe toeclips, Binda straps
Gears : Campag. Nuovo Record front and rear
Gear levers : Campag. handlebar control
Freewheel : Suntour Ultra 6, 13-18
Handlebars : Cinelli 65-40 with cloth tape
Stem : Cinelli 1A
Saddle : Unica Nitor leather covered
Headset : Shimano 600 Arabesque
Bottle cage : T.A. steel
Seat pin : Campag. 2 bolt




















Early 1980's race action on his Harry Quinn


We'd love to see your restorations, contact us at merseysidebicycles@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment